Tuesday, January 14, 2014

:: 20 Random Facts ::




I've seen these posts around the interwebs and I thought it would be cool to comprise a list of my weird/quirky traits to share with you all. I'm warning you now, some of them are strange.

1. The sound of sneezing irritates me. Especially if someone sneezes more than twice in a row. I swear, more than two puts me in an internal rage. It's so weird because I know it's something that can't be stopped or helped by the person doing it, but for some reason it just makes me want to yell.

2. I cover my ears when an ambulance drives by. I always feel like such a little kid when I do this, but the sirens hurt my ears.

3. I loathe transferring the wet laundry to the dryer. I always end up racking my hand on the agitator. I swear I do it EVERY time.

4. I'm PETRIFIED of aliens. There are so many debates about how they'll be peaceful because they're a higher intelligence, but I believe the opposite. If they are far more intelligent than us and more advanced in technology, why wouldn't they want to slice and dice a few humans? I can't even watch alien movies without getting sweaty palms. It's funny because everyone that is close to me knows this, and when they screw up and put an alien movie on, they immediately turn it off and apologize.

5. I get SUPER self conscience if my cleavage shows. I've never been one to have my boobs hanging out all over the place. In fact, if my cleavage is showing at all, you bet your bottom dollar I'm going to be fidgeting with my shirt all night. I prefer just having them covered up.

6. I get really overwhelmed if I'm on the phone with someone and someone else (that's with me in person) trys to talk to me at the same time. I get so thrown off if this happens, so I find it best to talk on the phone in a separate room.

7. I hate baggy/ill fitted clothing. I find it more comforting to wear things that fit my body perfectly. It seems like if I wear a shirt that doesn't fit well, I have to alter it to fit my body perfectly for me to feel comfortable wearing it.

8. I love making lists. I make lists all the time. I think I do it mostly because if I don't write it down, I'll forget it.

9. I love the smell of new CD/DVD/Computer Software packaging. I don't know why, but when I get these things, I immediately smell them {I'm so weird}.

10. I'm constantly at conflict with myself. It seems like even if I'm happy in life, I still find something to pick apart or analyze. I really hate this part of myself. It makes me feel like I'm a malcontent or something.

11. I never commit to anything. Let me clarify this. I don't really like to commit to plans, i.e., coffee on Friday or a party on Saturday. I feel best when the option is on the table, and I can choose that day if I'm in the mood to do it. I don't like this part of myself either. I feel like it makes me seem flaky or unreliable. I'm really not though. If someone needs me, I'm there (if it's important).

12. I'm a night owl. I'm more motivated and active during nighttime hours. I have always been this way. My mom tells me stories about when I was a kid I was always the last to go to bed and the last to wake up in the morning (ah hem, afternoon). She always had a hard time getting me to go to sleep at a decent hour. I guess some things never change.

13. Antiques/Taxidermy give me an anxious/uneasy feeling. I think this translates more to visual things like movies or photos. You see these images a lot in horror films, and something about the way they are portrayed just makes me uneasy. I feel unnerved and anxious immediately. It's weird because blood and gore don't really affect me. Dungeons or dark settings don't bother me either. It's just something about the grainy (antique) photos and crusty taxidermy that make me feel yucky.

14. I don't have a bed frame. This is mostly due to being afraid of things under the bed. Don't laugh, I'm serious.

15. I'm deathly afraid of heights. One time, I went to the top of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas. I could feel the building swaying. The color drained out of my face, and I had to sit down on the floor.

16. I'm fascinated by mythology/lore. I spend a lot of time wondering if the things written down in books could really exist. And if they do, where the hell are they? Why do we have myths written about them if no one has ever seen them? I'm talking about Vampires, Elves, Dragons, Djin, Wendigos, Thor, Zeus, etc, etc.
Frankly, it hurts my brain sometimes.

17. I find the beauty in everyone. Most of the time, I'm the one that finds the best qualities in people, even if that person is scrutinized. Case in point: Michael Jackson was one of my childhood idols. He was so scrutinized by the public when he died. I looked past that to see what he's gone through in his life, that could of possibly made him do the things he did. Kat Von D was scrutinized by the public because she dated Jesse James while he was still married. I find her to be one of the most inspiring people, and I look up to her. Some people in my personal life are scrutinized by my circle, but I choose to love them for who they are. Maybe I'm naive, or maybe I've chosen to believe that everyone (including me), has done stuff that they aren't proud of. Who am I to judge? I don't think that makes them a bad person or undeserving of love and acceptance.

18. I've played with a baby tiger. Her name was Sheila. When I lived in Illinois, a wild animal refuge was raising money to help pay for expenses. I gladly paid my $25 (donation) to play with this little cutie. It was such an amazing experience.



19. Walking into a room/party alone is so scary to me. I think it's the fact that I'm the center of attention. Everyone is looking at me, and it's unnerving. Yet, I have no problem speaking in front of a group of people.

20. I really dislike a dry/ironic sense of humor. It infuriates me. Example, If I was talking about how I don't drink (alcohol) anymore with someone and I said, "I haven't had a drink in over a year." They would then say something like, "Well, I think you've had a drink." OMG. It pisses me off. It's not funny to me at all. It basically makes me feel like I'm stupid and I don't know how to speak correctly. I guess maybe that could be true, but come on, I already set up what the 'drink' was in the beginning of the conversation. I don't find it necessary to clarify it further when making my statement.

Now you know how weird I am, tell me about you. Got a random fact you'd like to share with me? Let me know in the comments below! I'd love to hear them.


Post a Comment