Friday, December 6, 2013

Tutorial :: Christmas Tree Redux


I found this mini tree in the boxes of holiday decor out in our work shed. I wasn't too thrilled with the dark green color, so I gave the little guy a redux. Spray paint is your friend, I promise you. Here's how I did it.



Supplies:  Krylon Metallic Spray Paint (Silver) :: Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch Ultra Cover Spray Paint (Gloss Key Lime) :: Mini Christmas Tree


First, spray paint the tree with the Key Lime spray paint. You don't need to spray paint the tree perfectly. It covers quite nicely and it's meant to be a wash of color more than anything.


Then, focusing on the ends of the branches, use the silver spray paint to add silver to the tree. 

And you're done! This is a quick, simple way to re-color your Christmas tree. You could use any color you like. Why not make a pink tree? Or a purple tree? 

Post a Comment