Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Rock N Roll Redux :: Rockin' Christmas Tree

I found this Mini-Christmas tree in our work shed, and as I've said before, I usually don't decorate for the holidays. I don't like traditional Christmas decorations, so I was on a mission to make this tree a little more Rock N Roll. This is what it looked like before it underwent it's Rock N Roll makeover.


The first thing I did was take all those ornaments off, and spray paint the little guy a new color. I show you how I did it here.  Then it was onto the ornaments. I was originally going to make a whole new set of ornaments, but you know me, why throw it away when you can reuse it? So I used some animal print duct tape and recovered the ornaments. Easy Peasy!


The skull ornaments are actually ribbon that I had in my stash. I simply cut the skulls out of the ribbon and added hanging threads to them. Lastly, I made this super cute zebra print bow to hang at the top of the tree. After all that, it looks like this:


Post a Comment