Saturday, November 2, 2013

Tutorial :: Upcycled Incense Burner

Raise your hand if you love incense! I know I do. Recently, Pat's mom sent me a little care package in the mail with goodies she purchased from my Amazon wishlist. She sent me Frankincense-Myrrh, Cedar and Dragon's Blood incense. The only problem I had was that I didn't have a stick incense burner, only a cone incense burner. Womp Womp Womp....

Luckily, my brain came to the rescue! I had some craft sand laying around, as well as a used glass food container jar and some Duck Brand Duct Tape. I immediately made my very own, upcycled stick incense burner.





Supplies
Duck Brand Duct Tape
Empty Glass Food Container Jar
Craft Sand


First you'll need to use the Duck Tape to cover the empty jar. I got all crazy with mine and even lined up the print.  You could even use different colors if you wanted to create a gradient effect.


Once the jar is covered with the Duck Tape, pour about 2 inches of sand into the jar. This will help your sticks stand straight up, and the ash to fall into the jar.


Tada! Your new incense burner is ready for action!

Post a Comment