Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Rock N Roll Redux :: Guest Bedroom

I recently redecorated the guest bedroom. It wasn't bad, in there, it was just blah. It really needed a few handmade/DIY touches. I used a few things I already had laying around the house, so overall this redux didn't cost much at all!


As you can see, the room was a bit bare to start with. The lamp had no shade, and there were no decorations at all. I'm a big fan of working with what you have, so that's exactly what I did.


Since the walls are a pale blue, I decided to use black and white accents. I don't have a before photo of the lamp, but it was white. I slapped a coat of black paint on it and called it a day. Why throw it away when you can repaint it? Since the lamp had no shade, I chose to use a white shade. I found it at Target for $6, score!


I made this cute bunting with felt sticky letters, felt and ribbon I had laying around in my craft room. I really love what it adds to the room. I also wrote a tutorial on how to make it.


Since the room was lacking in the art department, I found this really cool vintage french poster art online. I simply printed the image onto photo stock paper and bought a frame for it at the dollar store. I really love it! There's just something about the rat that is so cool!


The globe is in the before photo, but that's because I was lazy and didn't move it before I took the before photo. Eh, such is life. Anyways, I thought the globe tied in well with the colors of the room. Oh my goodness, I just noticed that dresser is dusty. Whoops! Excuse the dust please.


 The middle photo is an old photo I found out in the workshop. It has a nice vintage look to it, so it's perfect for this room.


I'm so happy with the way this room looks now. It's so welcoming and comfy. It's truly amazing what a few little DIY touches can add to your space.


Post a Comment