Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Rock 'N' Roll Redux :: Craft Room Chair

I have this desk chair in my craft room.  It's an okay chair, pretty comfy, but it's just not my style color wise. I went fabric shopping yesterday and found the perfect fabric to recover it with!  So I bring you my first Rock 'N' Roll Redux post! This is the chair before:


It's nothing special.  It has stains and is quite worn in, but that doesn't mean I need to throw it away and buy a new one.  I just recovered it with this fabric:


I'm so IN LOVE with it! I think it's my favorite piece in the house now.  It's amazing what a little fabric can do to change the appearance of an old piece of furniture.  It was super simple too.

I removed the two cushions from the chair base first, then draped the new fabric over the pieces.  I used a staple gun to staple the fabric to the pieces.  Easy Peasy!


I added a t-shirt bow to the back of the chair for a bit more detail.

Maybe you have a chair in your house that needs a Rock 'N' Roll Redux?  I highly recommend it! 


Post a Comment