Sunday, July 28, 2013

Decorating......

Hey everyone! Pat and I moved into a house in May, so I've been working on decorating the house.  We were given a bunch of hand me down furniture, so I've been busy refurbishing book cases and couches to make them suite our taste a bit better.  I really enjoy this type of work.  It's so cool seeing things transform into something you absolutely love!

So the first thing I wanted to show you is this couch.......



It's really comfy, but I just don't like the color brown.  Pat's mom gave me a bunch of old sheets so I used those to make slip covers for the couch.  Check it out now:


This was my first time ever making slip covers.  It was a pain and so fulfilling at the same time. Like I said, I'd never taken on making slip covers before, so I really had no idea where to start.  Each section got better and better as I figured out what I was doing.  I have two more couches in the house to make slip covers for, as well as six chairs.  At least now I'll have a better idea of how to drape those suckers! 

Pat LOVES dragons, so I made these for the couch too:


Dragon pillow covers.  Everyone loves them.  I'm really happy with how they came out.  I tried to paint them on first, but wasn't happy with the results as the material lended to the paint bleeding.  So plan B was to cut the dragons out of felt and stitch them on.  MUCH BETTER.  I love them.  

I've been obsessed with bunting and banners lately.  I wanted to incorporate them in the house somewhere so I made this:


LOVE LOVE LOVE! I used black felt for the hearts and stitched them onto a piece of red ribbon.  So cute!  
I also repainted an old bookshelf:


It was brown.  Now it's black.  I pulled the back piece off and added contact paper to it to add a little detail to it.  I really love how it came out.  I showed it to our friend and he thought I bought it somewhere. Yay! Hopefully that means it looks good? 

OH YES! I almost forgot, Pat bought me this:


A BAT RUG! My very own Bat rug. He knows me so well.

Well, that's it for the home tour for now.  I'll show you more soon.  


Kitty says Hai!

Post a Comment