Thursday, November 24, 2011

Show me your bones......

I just got done whipping up a super cute pair of flannel PJ pants for myself. I've had this bones flannel in my fabric stash since last Halloween. I actually didn't have enough yardage to cut the pattern out properly, so I had to improvise a bit. Check them out:



Sheesh! Sorry about the dusty mirror. I forgot how dusty the desert is! Anyways, I had to cut the top of the pants from the yardage I had, then cut the lower half of the legs from the scraps I had left over. The bones on the lower part of the pants are going a different direction but I think it looks super cute. I also used pink thread and a zig zag stitch to finish the seam where I sewed the two pieces together.





I used pink velvet ribbon to hem the pants. I love how it makes them a bit more girly. I'll definitely be making myself another pair of these pants (in a different pattern of course). They were so easy to make.


Post a Comment