Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Holy Crafting Batman!!

Ahoy me hearties! I'm back in full effect! Thank goodness. I've been so uninspired lately. It had been so long since I'd sewn anything that I feared that I'd forgotten how to sew. Well that was just crazy talk! The crafting spree began yesterday. I had a few things on my list of things to make for other people. My friend wanted me to make her two ruffle purses (over a month ago) and I finally got one of those made. She picked out the fabric that she liked from my stash and gave me full artistic reign over how I put her choices together. Here's what I came up with:





I think it came out super cute! I still have to make her an eyeball ruffle purse as well. I'll be getting to that sometime this week.

Now onto the improvements that I made for my bedroom. As you all know I love wearing hair bows, but I've noticed that lately I haven't been wearing them at all. Well I decided that it's because all my hair bows are laying in a big pile on my vanity and I can't really see them all to figure out which one to wear with my outfit. So I decided to make a hair bow hanger, so I can see them all. Check it out:



It's basically just two long scraps from my scrap bin sewn together and a large button at the bottom of the strip (so the hair bows won't fall off the end). Here's an action shot:



Yay! So glad I can see them all lined up now. I even culled a few that I don't wear anymore so I can add some new ones to my collection.

Moving on.....

I decided to completely redecorate my room today as well. I've been meaning to for a while but like I said, I just haven't been inspired to do anything creative at all. I decided on purple and black for my room colors. I hung up some purple twinkle lights (that I bought on super clearance after Halloween a year ago).



They are so pretty! They make my whole room glow purple. I love them.


I also did a ton of work on this glow-in-the-dark skeleton shirt that I bought last Halloween. Here's the before shot of it:



You'll have to wait until my next post to see the finished results. It's super cute now! I can't wait to wear it out.


Post a Comment