Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Craft Hope :: Project 9 :: ConKerr Cancer

Hi friends! I'm here to tell you about this amazingly sweet project that Craft Hope is helping out with at the moment. They're teaming up with ConKerr Cancer to make pillowcases for terminally ill children. ConKerr's goal is to provide every terminally ill child with a handmade pillowcase by 2012.

I've signed up to help out with this project and I plan on making some seriously cute pillowcases for these kiddos. I just think about how special I feel when I receive a handmade gift from someone and how much it raises my spirits when I'm feeling down. By making handmade pillowcases for these children I'll be spreading that "feeling" around. I want them to know how special they are and that all hope is not lost.

You don't have to know how to sew to participate. If you can't sew but know someone who does, team up and cut out the pillowcases for them. Crochet a cute embellishment to add to a new pillowcase or embroider something cute onto a pillowcase. ConKerr Cancer has even provided a pillowcase pattern for you to use.

My goal is to make at least 5 pillowcases to send to my regional coordinator by September 15th. If you sign up to help out (and I hope you do) please send or drop off your finished pillowcases to your regional coordinator. If you'd like to sign up to help out with this project simply comment on this post.

Click the Craft Hope button below to learn more about Craft Hope and their previous projects.

Craft Hope Spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a time


Post a Comment