Saturday, July 17, 2010

♡ Sheila ♡



Look who I got to play with today!!




Meet Sheila. She's an 8 week old baby tiger and I had her all to myself for 8 minutes. Isn't she a doll?! I can't believe I got to play with a baby tiger. I'm still a bit choked up over it (nerd alert). We waited about 2 hours to play with this little lady, and it was so worth it! I'm such an animal lover and this was one of the most amazing encounters I've ever had. I even got to feed her a bottle!












Sheila, her sister Sierra, Charlie (a 6 month old tiger) and a few other characters are here visiting the mall to help raise some much needed money to expand their (rapidly growing) home in Oklahoma. They live on an exotic animal preserve with over 150 other big cats that have been rescued from unhealthy living situations (i.e. people who are not supposed to have them). The preserve is called Tigers in Need. They also house bears, lions, lemurs, and other rescued exotic animals.







She whacked me in the face with her paw, but then she let me kiss her nose.







It was a $25 dollar donation (for 2 people to go into the cage) and they've already raised $5000 dollars here! Yay! Tigers in Need is a nonprofit organization so the money they raise will really help out with expenses. If you'd like to help out, you can donate $10 via text message. Click here for the details.

Here are a few other characters they had there today:










Dominic. He's a Ring Tailed Lemur. He was sooo cute! He makes really funny noises too.



Coatimundi. I can't remember these girls' names, but they were super cute. They are members of the raccoon family.

They also had a 6 month old tiger named Charlie there, but I didn't get a photo of him. He's already about the size of a Great Dane.

I hope you all enjoy the photos. It was such an amazing experience for me!

Post a Comment